1. How common are irrational beliefs? How many can you identify in yourself and how easy do you think they may be to change to rational ones?
2. Do you think religiosity is fundamentally ‘irrational’, or does intrinsic religiosity point to a ‘healthy’ religion?
3. Critically outline the theory of irrational beliefs, and describe its usefulness for individual difference researchers.
1. Of the three main must-urbations (awfulising, low frustration tolerance and damnation), which absolutistic demand do you think is the most damaging to people?
2. Do you think Rational-Emotive Behaviour Therapy is too simplistic to explain all mental health problems or does it allow for all eventualities?
1. Of these five or six chosen theories and findings, which do you lend most weight to?
2. Are there any theoretical or empirical overlaps between the theories and findings? If so, where do they occur?
3. Do you think religiosity is fundamentally ‘irrational’, or does intrinsic religiosity point to a ‘healthy’ religion?