- Select an agency that provides Food and Nutritional Care as a part of its services.
- OBTAIN APPROVAL for your agency and volunteer work from instructor.
- Sign up on Canvas to receive instructor approval by Friday, June 26th @ 11:59 pm) with the following information:
- What agency you would like to work with.
- The name and contact information of the individual who is helping you coordinate your experience. (phone#, address, and e-mail)
- Title and position of the individual who you are working with.
- Proposed volunteer work that you will be completing. MUST be related to food and/or nutrition of the people they are serving.
3. Interview the person who is responsible for the delivery of the nutrition services or education program. (Interview time is NOT included with the 5-hrs of service).
- Interview can be in person, phone, or virtual interviews.
- Obtain a business card or professional identification (e.g. from company website) from the individual who you are interviewing with AND who is supervising your work
- What is the role of this person? Are they FT, PT, consultant, or volunteer?
- Be creative with your interview questions. Examples: What do they like most about their position? What is the most challenging aspect to their work? Is the community supportive of the organizations presence and services
4. Submit a 3 page report containing the following information.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Service learning project
Just from $13/Page
- What is the population they serve? What is the clientele and services they provide?
- Be as specific as possible when describing the population with statistics, demographics, etc.
- What is the Vision and Mission Statement of the organization you are volunteering for?
- Do they have any specific goal, objectives, or measurable outcomes they monitor?
- Who coordinates the food and nutritional services or programs provided? Are they a Registered Dietitian, or something else? What is their background? (Ex: Nurse, Home Economist, Social Worker, etc.)
- Summarize your interview with the individual.
- Summarize your reflections on the experience:
- What were your impressions of the agency? Do you think the agency is accomplishing their mission and achieve their goals?
- What do you think the strengths and weaknesses are for the agency?
- Paper must be double spaced, standard margins, and standard font (11-12 point Arial, Times New Roman, or Calibri).
- If you want to include pictures with your paper, please include on additional pages at the end. DO NOT embed or include pictures into the body and content of your paper.
- DO NOT include a cover page, and pictures pages DO NOT count and are NOT included as a part of the 3-pages of reported content.