Prepare a three-column comparative income statement

Calla Company produces skateboards that sell for $64 per unit. The company currently has the capacity to produce 95,000 skateboards per year, but is selling 80,700 skateboards per year. Annual costs for 80,700 skateboards follow.

Direct materials $ 903,840
Direct labor 661,740
Overhead 951,000
Selling expenses 556,000
Administrative expenses 465,000
Total costs and expenses $ 3,537,580

A new retail store has offered to buy 14,300 of its skateboards for $59 per unit. The store is in a different market from Calla’s regular customers and would not affect regular sales. A study of its costs in anticipation of this additional business reveals the following:

Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Prepare a three-column comparative income statement
Just from $13/Page
Order Essay
  • Direct materials and direct labor are 100% variable.
  • 40 percent of overhead is fixed at any production level from 80,700 units to 95,000 units; the remaining 60% of annual overhead costs are variable with respect to volume.
  • Selling expenses are 70% variable with respect to number of units sold, and the other 30% of selling expenses are fixed.
  • There will be an additional $2.50 per unit selling expense for this order.
  • Administrative expenses would increase by a $850 fixed amount.

Prepare a three-column comparative income statement that reports the following:

a. Annual income without the special order.
b. Annual income from the special order.
c. Combined annual income from normal business and the new business.(Do not round your intermediate calculations. Round your cost and expenses to nearest whole number.)

Place Order
Grab A 14% Discount on This Paper
Pages (550 words)
Approximate price: -
Paper format
  • 275 words per page
  • 12 pt Arial/Times New Roman
  • Double line spacing
  • Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)

Try it now!

Grab A 14% Discount on This Paper

Total price:

How it works?

Follow these simple steps to get your paper done

Place your order

Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.

Proceed with the payment

Choose the payment system that suits you most.

Receive the final file

Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.