21. Scissors for oral surgery are made with two basic designs: A. tissue and suture.
B. retractor and suture.
C. retractor and tissue.
D. bandage and suture.
22. The metal substructure of a partial denture is called the A. framework.
23. A dental lab can’t complete a requested procedure without which of the following items? A. The dentist’s name, signature, and dental license number
B. The start date of the procedure
C. The dentist’s age
D. The patient’s occupation
24. How do the gums respond when they become dry because of constant mouth breathing? A. By causing the development of an open bite
B. By causing the production of additional saliva
C. By developing a red and inflamed appearance
D. By narrowing and becoming pale
25. The amount of time that self-curing orthodontic adhesive resin is allowed to set is A. 1–2 minute(s).
B. 3–4 minutes.
C. 5–15 minutes.
D. 20–30 minutes.
26. The removal of an area of soft tissue which exhibits suspicious characteristics is known as a/an A. multiple extraction
B. simple extraction
C. intraoral exam
27. The most common donor site for harvesting a free gingival graft is the A. retromolar area.
B. roof of the mouth.
C. alveolar mucosa.
D. marginal gingiva.
28. Calculating the working length of an endodontic instrument involves several steps. Which of the following steps should be last?
A. Measure the tooth on a good preoperative radiograph.
B. Measure the tooth from the end of the instrument to the end of the root, and then subtract 0.5 mm as a safety factor. C. Insert the instrument to the stop and take another radiograph.
D. Subtract 3.0 mm from the initial tooth measurement and position a stop at this length on the first instrument to be used.
29. Dr. Richard Lee tests Patient K’s maxillary right third molar with a vitalometer. From the results, he diagnoses a necrotic pulp. How did the tooth most likely respond to electrical stimuli?
A. No response
B. Moderate response C. Very low response D. High response
30. What are three of the most common procedures used to prevent decay? A. Sealant, oral-hygiene instructions, and fluoride treatment
B. Fluoride treatment, stainless steel crown, and sealant
C. Oral-hygiene instructions, stainless steel crown, and fluoride treatment
D. Stainless steel crown, sealant, and oral-hygiene instructions
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.