Marketing Case Study
1. Select the appropriate segmentation scheme for a firm based on a specified set of market characteristics (size, demographic, geographic, psychographic, and/or behavior1. Select the appropriate segmentation scheme for a firm based on a specified set of market characteristics (size, demographic, geographic, psychographic, and/or behavior descriptors).
2. Identify the appropriate target market for a firm based on a particular product/service.
3. Select the appropriate positioning strategy for a firm based on a scenario giving characteristics (competitors’ sizes and positions) of a particular market.
4. Describe the criteria for segmenting markets.
5. Select the appropriate marketing strategy (product/service, price, place, or promotion) for a particular product life cycle stage (introduction, growth, maturity, or decline).
6. Describe customer perceived value.
7. Describe the differences between customer and organizational markets.
8. Infer the most likely cause for a particular problem encountered by a firm attempting to sell to an organizational buyer.
Write an essay (8-15 pages) that accomplishes each of the following:
A. Discuss Strong’s proposal to alter the positioning strategy for Aldus. Base your discussion on positioning theory and characteristics given in the case.
B. Describe the differences between consumer and organizational markets.
C. Discuss how these differences contribute to the positioning strategy.
D. Discuss the criteria for segmenting markets.
E. Discuss the proposed segmentation scheme based on specific market characteristics for the Aldus Corporation.
F. Discuss the target markets Strong identified in the case.
G. Define the stages of the product life cycle.
H. Determine which stage of the product life cycle applies to the professional version of PageMaker based on the new vision for the company.
I. Select the appropriate marketing mix for the professional version of PageMaker.
J. Define the concept of perceived value.
K. Discuss how perceived value influences marketing strategy.
L. Infer the most likely causes for problems that Aldus may encounter should it pursue selling to organizational buyers.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.