1. What is the mix of legislative, judicial, and executive sentencing responsibilities in your state? What changes, if any, have occurred over the past decade in the balance of sentencing responsibilities?
2. Within the courtroom work group, which actor is the most influential in sentencing decisions? Why? How might influence vary from one courtroom to the next?
1. In what ways is restorative justice similar to the four dominant sentencing philosophies of retribution, incapacitation, deterrence, and rehabilitation? In what ways is restorative justice different from these four sentencing philosophies?
2. Should the punishment fit the crime, or should the punishment fit the criminal? In what ways do the four sentencing philosophies provide different answers to this question?
1. Recognize the main objective of changes in sentencing structure beginning in the late 1960s and the major consequences of these changes.
2. Summarize the two U.S. Supreme Court rulings from the 1970s on capital punishment that led to the bifurcated process for death penalty sentencing. Define the concept of normal crimes and indicate the two most important factors in determining normal penalties
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.