Write an essay on The Shawl
Anatomy of a Story—Breakdown.
Read the story in the link, then answer the following questions in one or two paragraphs as needed.
The answers must be a concise, clear focused paragraph/s
Here’s the story: "The Shawl"Read the story answer the questions.
And here’s the questions:
2) Author bio – short bio and key question: is there anything in this bio that shines light
on the story?
3) Whose story is it? Narrator (describe with key details) and point of view
4) Who is the antagonist or key other characters?
5) What is the main conflict (s)?
6) What is the setting? (place and time frame of the story)
7) What is the climax?
8) Is there an epiphany in the story? If so, what is it?
9) Is there imagery (symbols, metaphors) that tell you something more? i.e. have larger
ideas attached to them?
10) What stands out to you about the language used (the diction or word choice?). Or, is
there a particularly compelling scene or moment? BE SPECIFIC here.
11) How does the story resolve?
12) Now look at the story through ONE of the literary lenses we have discussed (Feminist
literary theory, Marxist literary theory, Critical Race Theory). Define the theory.
13) –If selecting Feminist Literary Theory – what does this story tell us about male and
female gender roles? About patriarchy in our society?
–If selecting Marxist Literary Theory – what does this story tell us about class in our
–If selecting Critical Race Theory – what does this story tell us about race in America?
14 & 15) How did you respond to the story? Why did you choose this story? What did it
make you think or feel?
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.