1. Describe biologic drugs.
2. Define complementary and alternative medicine therapies.
3. What is the definition of a medication?
4. Define the term prescription.
5. How may a prescription drug eventually become an OTC drug?
6. Why are OTC drugs preferred by patients?
A patient went to the pharmacy for a refill of a medication. The pharmacy technician told him that he must obtain a new prescription because no refills were allowed. The pharmacy technician said she would contact the patient’s physician for this.
1. What is the definition of a prescription?
2. What is the difference between a prescription drug and an OTC drug?