Tommy’s Toys produces two types of toys: trains and dolls. Tommy’s uses stainless steel to manufacture the trains and plastic to manufacture the dolls. Information regarding the usage of steel and plastic for the past year follows:
|Direct materials information|
|Standard pounds per unit||1 lb.||0.5 lb.|
|Standard price per pound||$1.50||?|
|Actual quantity used per unit||1.5 lbs.||0.75 lbs.|
|Actual price paid for material||$1.25||$2.00|
|Actual quantity purchased and used||2,500 lbs.||1,200 lbs.|
|Price variance||?||$900 F|
|Quantity variance||$206 U||?|
|Flexible budgent variance||?||$522 F|
|Number of units produced||275||550|
What is the direct materials flexible budget variance for steel used to manufacture the trains?
A) $419 unfavorable
B) $419 favorable
C) $831 unfavorable
D) $831 favorable
18. The standard cost card for a product shows that the product should use 4 kilograms of material B per finished unit and that the standard price of material B is $4.50 per kilogram. During April, when the budgeted production level was 1,000 units, 1,040 units were actually made. A total of 4,100 kilograms of material B were used in production and the inventories of material B were reduced by 300 kilograms during April. The total cost of material B purchased during April was $14,400. The material variances for material B during April were:
A. Option A
B. Option B
C. Option C
D. Option D
19. The Porter Company has a standard cost system. In July the company purchased and used 22,500 pounds of direct material at an actual cost of $53,000; the materials quantity variance was $1,875 Unfavorable; and the standard quantity of materials allowed for July production was 21,750 pounds. The materials price variance for July was:
A. $2,725 F
B. $2,725 U
C. $3,250 F
D. $3,250 U
20. Cox Company uses standard costing. The following data are available for April:
The standard quantity of material allowed for April production is:
A. 14,200 gallons
B. 12,700 gallons
C. 11,700 gallons
D. 10,200 gallons
21. The Reedy Company uses a standard costing system. The following data are available for November:
The actual direct labor rate for November is:
Answer the following questions using the information below:
Russo Corporation manufactured 16,000 air conditioners during November. The overhead cost-allocation base is $31.50 per machine-hour. The following variable overhead data pertain to November:
Production 16,000 units 18,000 units
Machine-hours 7,875 hours 9,000 hours
Variable overhead cost per machine-hour: $31.00 $31.50
22. What is the variable overhead spending variance?
A) $4,500 unfavorable
B) $3,937.50 unfavorable
C) $4,500 favorable
D) $3,937.50 favorable
23. What is the total variable overhead variance?
A) $7,875 unfavorable
B) $3,937.50 f unfavorable
C) $7,875 favorable
D) $3,937.50 f favorable
24. Dosier Corporation has a standard cost system in which it applies manufacturing overhead to products on the basis of standard machine-hours (MHs). The company has provided the following data for the most recent month:
What was the fixed manufacturing overhead spending variance for the month?
A. $2,000 unfavorable
B. $2,000 favorable
C. $610 unfavorable
D. $610 favorable
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.