The charter of the Sanders Corporation authorizes the issuance of 1,500,000 shares of no-par common stock and 500,000 shares of 8 percent, $50 par value, cumulative preferred stock. These events affected shareholders’ equity during the first year of operation:
1. 200,000 shares of common stock were sold for $15 per share.
2. 40,000 shares of preferred stock were sold at $52 per share.
3. A building with a fair market value of $560,000 was acquired for a cash payment of $150,000 and 17,000 shares of common stock.
4. 30,000 shares of common stock were issued for $690,000 cash.
5. A dividend of $1 per share for common and $4 per share for preferred stock was declared.
A. Record the transactions just described.
B. Prepare the shareholders’ equity section of the balance sheet for December 31 assuming that Sanders generated $945,000 of income.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.