1. Select a human and natural hazard in your community that may materialize into a threat. Explain in detail why this is a concern or issue.
2. Formulate a strategy for addressing the threats you identified in Question
1. For instance, what kind of contingency plan or disaster-recovery strategy would you recommend to address this threat?
2. Use a criminological theory to explain a security related issue.
1. Why should a security manager, or any person nominally in charge of a loss prevention function, be familiar with contract, property, administrative, and employment law?
2. What constitutes criminal activity? In other words, what are the essential elements of a crime?
1. Describe the U.S. federal court system. Include types, levels, and jurisdiction of courts in the description.
2. What are the elements of a tort?
3. Distinguish a tort from a crime and describe types of situations that give rise to tort liability.