1. What does an ideal channel coding scheme achieve?
2. Give an example of a block error code used with character data.
3. Compute the Hamming distance for the following pairs: ( 0000, 0001 ), ( 0101, 0001 ), ( 1111, 1001 ), and ( 0001, 1110 ).
4. Define the concept of Hamming distance.
1. Explain the concept of code rate. Is a high code rate or low code rate desirable?
2. How does one compute the minimum number of bit changes that can transform a valid codeword into another valid codeword?
3. What can a RAC scheme achieve that a single parity bit scheme cannot?
4. Generate a RAC parity matrix for a ( 20, 12 ) coding of the dataword 100011011111