1. Suppose an engineer increases the number of possible signal levels from two to four. How many more bits can be sent in the same amount of time? Explain.
2. What is the bandwidth of a digital signal? Explain.
3. Why is an analog signal used to approximate a digital signal?
4. Why do some coding techniques use multiple signal elements to represent a single bit?
1. What is a synchronization error?
2. What is the chief advantage of a Differential Manchester Encoding?
3. What aspect of a signal does the Manchester Encoding use to represent a bit?
4. If the maximum frequency audible to a human ear is 20,000 Hz, at what rate must the analog signal from a microphone be sampled when converting it to digital?