Part 1: to be completed in Excel®
You are the manager of a retail store. You want to investigate how metrics can improve the way you manage your business.
Using the Week 5 Data Set, create and calculate the following in Excel®:
- Conduct a goodness of fit analysis which assesses orders of a specific item and items you received by size, and do the following:
- Conduct a hypothesis test with the objective of determining if there is a difference between what you ordered and what you received at the .05 level of significance.
- Identify the null and alternative hypotheses.
- Generate a scatter plot, the correlation coefficient, and the linear equation evaluating whether a relationship exists between the number of times a customer visited the store in the past 6 months and the total amount of money the customer spent, and do the following:
- Set up a hypothesis test to evaluate the strength of the relationship between the two variables.
- Use a level of significance of .05.
- Use the regression line formula to forecast how much a customer might spend on merchandise if that customer visited the store 13 times in a 6-month period.
- Use the average monthly sales of 2014 ($1,310) as your base to do the following:
- Calculate indices for each month for the next two years.
- Graph a time series plot.
Part 2: to be completed in Connect®
Reference your completed Excel® spreadsheet from Part 1.
Complete the “Week 5 Case” in Connect®.
Note: You have only one attempt available to complete this assignment. Grades must be transferred manually to eCampus by your instructor. Don’t worry, this might happen after your due date.
Looking for help with your homework?
Grab a 30% Discount and Get your paper done!
Place an Order