1. Why is the olfactory system so tied to emotion and memory?
2. How is working memory related to reading ability?
3. What is the déjà vu experience? Why is it considered metacognition?
1. What is the amnesic syndrome? What cognitive functions are preserved? What cognitive functions are impaired? What parts of the brain are typically impaired?
2. What is implicit memory? How is it studied in amnesic patients? What outcomes are typically seen with anterograde amnesiacs?
In psychogenic amnesia, we see
a. Patients really don’t have amnesia, they just think they do
b. There is no obvious neural cause of the amnesia
c. Only anterograde amnesia is seen, but never retrograde amnesia
d. That it is usually caused by damage to the hippocampus