- What is the difference between a symmetric key and an asymmetric key?
- How do low-power devices affect which encryption you choose to employ?
Task 6 – Cryptographic Attacks
- What is cryptanalysis? Why is it important?
- How can you protect yourself from a dictionary attack?
- What are some countermeasures you can use to strengthen your cryptosystem?
Task 7 – Asymmetric Encryption
- How do public keys differ from private keys? What is the relationship between the two?
- For which type of environment is asymmetric cryptography best suited?
- Why does asymmetric encryption require fewer keys than symmetric encryption?
- What is the main use for the Diffie-Hellman protocol?
Suppose Bob uses the RSA cryptosystem with a very large modulus n for which the factorization cannot be found in a reasonable amount of time. Suppose Alice sends a message to Bob by representing each alphabetic character as an integer between 0 and 25 (A -> 0 , … , Z -> 25) and then encrypting each number separately using RSA with large e and large n.
Is this method secure? If not, describe the most efficient attack against this encryption method.
Looking for help with your homework?
Grab a 30% Discount and Get your paper done!
Place an Order