1. Differentiate between fully additive and semiadditive measures.
2. Explain the sparse nature of the data in the fact table.
3. Describe the composition of the primary keys for the dimension and fact tables.
1. What is the STAR schema? What are the component tables?
2. A dimension table is wide; the fact table is deep. Explain.
3. What are hierarchies and categories as applicable to a dimension table?
1. Discuss the major design issues that need to be addressed before proceeding with the data design.
2. Why is the entity-relationship modeling technique not suitable for the data warehouse? How is dimensional modeling different?