1. What is data partitioning? Give two reasons why data partitioning is helpful in a data warehousing environment.
2. What is data clustering? Give an example.
1. Give two reasons why B-Tree indexing is superior to other indexing methods.
2. What is meant by the selectivity for a column in a physical table? What type of indexing technique is suitable for low-selectivity data? Why?
1. Give two reasons why naming standards are important in a data warehouse environment.
2. List any three techniques for optimizing storage. Describe these briefly.
3. What is index-only read? How does it improve performance?