1. Why is it important for managers and organizations to behave ethically?
2. Ask a manager to describe both an instance of ethical behavior and an instance of unethical behavior that she or he observed. What caused these behaviors, and what were the outcomes?
1. Give some examples of how the interests of different stakeholder groups may conflict.
2. What is the role of the top-management team?
3. What is the agency problem? What steps can be taken to solve it?
1. What is organizational effectiveness? Discuss three approaches to evaluating effectiveness and the problems associated with each approach.
2. Draw up a list of effectiveness goals you would use to measure the performance of (a) a fast-food restaurant and (b) a school of business.