1. What is a start bit, and with which type of serial transmission is a start bit used?
2. Which type (or types) of serial transmission is appropriate for video transmission? For a keyboard connection to a computer?
3. When two humans hold a conversation, do they use simplex, half-duplex, or full-duplex transmission?
4. When using a synchronous transmission scheme, what happens when a sender does not have data to send?
1. Use the Web to find the definition of the DCE and DTE pinouts used on a DB-25 connector. (Hint: pins 2 and 3 are transmit or receive.) On a DCE type connector, does pin 2 transmit or receive?
2. Is a modem classified as DTE or DCE?
3. When using amplitude modulation, does it make sense for a 1 Hz carrier to be modulated by a 2 Hz sine wave? Why or why not?