1. Give examples of narrowband and broadband access technologies.
2. What type of multiplexing does ADSL use?
3. If a customer intends to transmit more data than they receive, which forms of DSL would be appropriate? If they intend to receive more data than they transmit?
4. Why is a splitter used with DSL?
1. Two neighbors, who live on the same street, both use ADSL service, but measurements show that one subscriber can download at approximately 1.5 Mbps and the other can download at 2.0 Mbps. Explain.
2. Why would a service provider choose Hybrid Fiber Coax instead of Fiber To The Premises?
3. If you had a choice between DSL and cable modem, which would provide the highest potential data rate?