Searches, Arrests and Property Abandonment
writing assignment/criminal procedures/short answers
1. Why can plain-view searches be called nonsearches? Identify and describe the situations when the three conditions of the plain-view doctrine apply.
2. Identify and give an example of each of the two elements that determines whether property is abandoned for Fourth Amendment purposes.
3. Does unprovoked flight + high-crime area = reasonable suspicion? Explain.
4. Identify the characteristics of a full custodial arrest and contrast it with a stop. Why do we call arrests a zone and not a point?
5. Compare the definition of reasonable suspicion with probable cause. What two interests does probable cause balance?
short answers are required. dont forgot to use blue book format in listing references