The Industrial Revolution, The Great Depression, the World Wars, and Rosie the Riveter all did their part to shape the American fa
mily into what was traditionally believed to be the “ideal” family form.
Write a 1,000-1,500-word essay about the history of family, work, and family roles. Include the following in your essay:
- A description of the American family’s journey from farms to factories, from families working together, to the stratification of roles.
- Effects on the family during World War II. Specify role changes for women, employment challenges following the end of the war, socioeconomic impact, and overall couple and family adjustment during this era.
- An estimation of the length of time that “Mom, Dad, and 2.4 children” were the preferred family form
- A discussion about how economics, gender, religiosity, and immigration influenced the concept of preferred family form.
- A discussion about why knowledge of the history of the family is important in regards to how therapists work with families today.
- Three to five scholarly resources to support your essay.
Prepare this assignment according to APA Style Guide.